Ikon Science e-learning is free for active RokDoc licence holders and those evaluating RokDoc.
Our e-learning program allows you to hone your skills and become a certified RokDoc user wherever you are in the world. It provides you with access to Ikon Science tried and tested e-courses, so you can learn RokDoc at a time and speed that works for you!
Pick from these e-courses - read summaries and watch taster videos below
- RokDoc Rock Physics (the e-learning equivalent of the onsite RokDoc 1D2D Introduction onsite course)
- RokDoc Reservoir Characterisation (the e-learning equivalent of RokDoc 3D Reservoir Characterisation onsite course)
- RokDoc Anisotropy - an e-learning exclusive!
- RokDoc VSP - an e-learning exclusive!
- RokDoc SDC & Inversion coming soon(the e-learning equivalent of RokDoc Seismic Data Conditioning & AVO Inversion onsite course)
More e-courses will be added regularly, so make sure you follow us on social media or sign up to our newsletter to ensure you don't miss a new arrival.
To get e-learning access, simply click on the "Request access to e-learning" green button below, complete the form, and press send!
Once on-boarded, you will have the free use of the e-course/s, material, data and other Ikon Science videos for 60 days (or if you are evaluating the software, the length of your software evaluation).
The lessons in the e-courses are locked as standard, this is because you need to complete them in a set order to make sure you get the most from your training. However, if you think you are a quite a proficient RokDoc user, and just need some refreshing, you can request an open course (where all lessons are available at the same time), please note this preference in the application form comments box.
After the free period (unless otherwise agreed), your access to e-learning will end. You will not automatically be enrolled onto paid access after this date, your account will just be deactivated.
If you would like e-learning access after your free period, this will be charged at $500 for another 60 days.
A few things...
- When approved, an individual user gets free e-learning access for 60 days (date starting from when the Ikon Science e-learning welcome email is sent), or lasting the length of the software evaluation period.
- As standard, a maximum of five users (per client site) can be active on the Ikon Science e-learning platform at any one time.
- Only clients with active RokDoc licences, or those evaluating RokDoc are eligible for e-learning (as RokDoc is needed for Ikon Science e-learning).
- The user can sign up to multiple e-courses, but needs to have access to the necessary RokDoc licences applicable to these e-course/s (see below).
- If a user requests access to one or more e-courses, but fails to complete each such e-courses within the relevant 60 day period, free access will not be provided again within the same calendar year. As such, we recommend that users only apply for e-course/s they feel confident they can complete within the 60 day period. The user can apply at a later date for free e-learning access to other e-courses, but as standard free access will not be given to repeat an e-course.
- We do not provide RokDoc licences as part of the e-learning package. Clients are expected to already have access to RokDoc to follow e-learning.
- On successful completion of an e-course, Ikon Science will provide an e-learning certificate.
- Applying via the online booking form constitutes a request to access e-learning and is subject to Ikon Science's acceptance of such request by email confirmation of registration. Ikon Science may withhold its acceptance at its absolute discretion.
- e-learning places are subject to availability.