Red Tank with Fairfield Geotechnologies
Red Tank Ji-Fi is a regional seismic characterization study in the northeastern portion of the Delaware Basin. The study brings together Fairfield Geotechnology’s high fold, full azimuth, point-to-point (source-receiver) seismic acquisition and Ikon Science’s pioneering reservoir characterization technology Ji-Fi. The objective is to characterize the spatial heterogeneity of the Bone Spring and Wolfcamp Formations for resource exploitation.
The Red Tank survey offers;
- High resolution imaging of complex geology
- Well planning – get in the zone, stay in the zone
- Rock property prediction for reservoir management and maximum return on investment
Information is available on request.
Fairfield Geotechnologies provides the structural interpretations (horizons), conditioned PSTM gathers, and partial angle stacks for input into the Ji-Fi® (Joint Impedance and Facies Inversion) workflow. Ikon Science provides petrophysical evaluation, rock physics analysis, seismic AVO conditioning and wavelet estimation, and Ji-Fi®. The combination of these two leading forces delivers the following benefits to Operators;
- Expedited delivery of QI solutions ahead of drilling operations
- Regional understanding of elastic rock properties and seismic facies
- Better definition of Bone Springs carbonates and sands
- Better definition of Wolfcamp benches
- Faster determination of value in reserves
- The avoidance of conventional low frequency model bias
In summary, operators will be able to use the Red Tank study to de-risk potential well locations and aid geosteering operations.
The deliverables of this study include volumes of elastic rock properties and most likely seismic facies. The well database used to calibrate the seismic property estimates is also provided alongside this detailed report explaining the methodology and important observations made during the study.