Surbiton, Greater London
VP Services, Europe Africa
You will participate in the planning, management and execution of data services projects for regional clients, using iPoint - Ikon Science’s powerful corporate datastore.
Additionally, you will provide iPoint knowledge-based services including software training and 1-on-1 sessions with clients. The role is based in Surbiton, London and reports to the VP Services, Europe Africa.
Core working relationship
You will be working across the Ikon Science support, services and product management teams.
The GeoData Analyst duties include:
- Aggregating, correcting, formatting, and loading Oil and Gas wellbore data into Admin Tool
- Quality control of the complete data cycle involved in a typical iPoint project
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting for both internal and external consumers
- Maintain expert knowledge of iPoint and Admin Tool software
- Assist in training sessions on both the iPoint & Admin Tool suite of products
- Adhere to company standards and preferred naming conventions
- Escalate risks and issues promptly to line management
Skills / Knowledge
- Basic understanding of oil & gas wellbore data types
- Some exposure to upstream oil and gas operations
- Good standard of IT and problem solving skills
- An effective communicator, able to liaise with clients in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- The ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload and work alongside other teams
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to -relevant health & safety procedures
- A good standard of written and spoken business English is required
- Regular regional travel, with occasional global travel, are requirements of this role
Degree in Computer Sciences, IT, Geoscience or closely related disciplines.
Experience of other contemporary, industry solutions for oil & gas data management is an advantage.
At least 2 years working experience in the oil & gas industry.
You must have the legal right to work in the UK